1. You might be frustrated, angry or bored with the way things are done at work. There are three easy solutions.
- Create a new method or solution and actively work to implement it. It does no good to have great ideas and keep them silent. There are millions of great ideas in the world. Very few ever get implemented. Work for the changes you want to happen.
- Change your attitude. If you have no solution, accept the present circumstances. You are working to achieve a goal, and the current procedures and problems are part of that process. Don’t lose sight of the goal. Smile and be positive once in a while I promise it won’t kill you.
- Find a new environment (leave your position). If it can’t be changed, and you can’t accept it, the best alternative is to remove yourself from the situation.
2. Reward yourself
- Are you enjoying the fruits of your labor? Are you using the money, power or prestige to make yourself and your family happy?
- Despite what some people think or strive for, work is not a world of giggles and frolic filled moments. Work is work. It can be fun, and it can be very rewarding an pleasant, but it is never better than a vacation or your free-time.
- They say that some people live to work, and that others work to live. What camp are you in?
3. Identify what gets you excited and enthusiastic.
- Finding and identifying the events, circumstances or ideas that get you excited is the first step in motivating yourself and others.
- Excitement and enthusiasm are contagious. Spread it around