There are times our decision-making is stalled due to fear of making the wrong decision.
Next time you’re in that indecisive state of mind, answer these questions and see if it pushes any buttons to move the process forward.
- What is the “best case”desired outcome? Will your decision move you toward that outcome?
- What is an “acceptable” outcome?
- What is the worst thing that could possible happen if you make the “wrong” decision? Can you accept this?
- Is your decision reversible?
- Will a wrong decision destroy value, confidence or trust of anyone involved?
- Do you have enough information to make the decision?
- Do you have too much information?
- Who knows more about this subject than you….what are their recommendations?
- Are you the right person to be making this decision?
- Will avoiding making a decision now make the situation better, worse or have no effect?
- Does the decision provide a short term fix or will it solve the problem permanently (long term)?