Purchasing from Mexico and Mexican suppliers?
Don Gringo at Catemaco News and Commentary brought these items to our attention.
Sourcing in Mexico gets easier. The article points out that doing business with Mexico is easier than in the past.
- The proximity of Mexico to the US markets impacts communication, logistics, costs and time factors.
- Mexico has a history of dealing with the US, and are familiar with competitive manufacturing techniques.
- Relationships are critical to success.
- Beware of stereotypes.
- Take the time to find the “right” partner.
- Do’s and don’ts for doing business in Mexico
Does your supply chain strategy include Mexico? It should. Al Brown president of SupplyMex writes that Mexico offers:
- Logistics infrastructure, highways, rail and port system that has been improved over the past 10 years.
- Free trade agreements with 42 countries.
- Global production and quality standards.
- Stable political and economic environment.
- Skilled workforce.