Here’s a list of common, and not so common, reasons we seek out business help and hire business consultants:
12 Reasons: Why we ask for business help
1. I know what’s wrong, but don’t know how to fix it.
2. I know what’s wrong but don’t have the resources to fix it, what should I do?
3. I know what’s wrong and I know how to fix it, but don’t want to fix it that way, show me another method that is easier, better or less costly.
4. I don’t know what’s wrong. Help me diagnose the organization or situation.
5. I think I know what is wrong and want a second opinion, validation and confirmation.
6. I don’t think anything is wrong, but just to make sure I want you to take a look.
7. I want you to tell me what is wrong so that I can tell you you’re wrong.
8. I want solutions, if they don’t work I want to blame it on you.
9. I want to achieve specific results and don’t have the expertise. I want to hire an expert in order to save time and reduce errors.
10. I have a problem and want to fix it. I don’t want to be wrong and prefer to use experts to guarantee success.
11. I want to be one of the first to learn and implement the “new and improved” business ideas, theories and practices.
12. I am looking for new ideas to break our routine and make it exciting again, make something new happen.