“When people talk about successful retailers and those that are not so successful, the customer determines at the end of the day who is successful and for what reason.” – Gerry Harvey
Talking about it or Doing it.
- There are organizations that talk about serving the customer.
- There are organizations that do what customers want.
Enemy or Friend
- There are organizations that perceive and react to the customer as an adversary.
- There are organizations that listen to, seek out and embrace the customer and the customers ideas.
Products or Solutions
- There are organizations that create products and services because they can, and hope that the customer will find them.
- There are organizations that innovate and create better products and solutions for the customer.
Now take the word “organizations” and replace it with “governments”.
“This may seem simple, but you need to give customers what they want, not what you think they want. And, if you do this, people will keep coming back.” – John Ilhan