How to do business in Mexico, Part 27

30 06 2006

Visas for Mexico, FM-T, FM-2, FM-3, Immigration information

All countries require some sort of immigration process, and Mexico is no different.  In fact, Mexico has a strict immigration policy, but it is not impossible, and for the most part can be handled without lawyers or specialists.

Basically there are 3 major types of Visas, and various other subsets and variations available:

FM-T – Tourist visa.

FM-2 – Visa for those who wish to reside permanently in Mexico.

FM-3 – Visa for those who wish to work or reside in Mexico, this is an annually renewed document.

I strongly suggest you contact the nearest Mexican embassy or consulate to get the most up-to-date information and forms.

Get an official idea of what is necessary for immigration from the Counsel General of Mexico office in New York. Counsel General of Mexico in New York  Link

Other good references can be found here:




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: