General reference links for doing business in Mexico
Mexican state governments are actively seeking investors and FDI (Foreign Direct Investment).
The Economic Development Secretary in every state is willing to offer land, infrastructure, tax benefits and assistance with Federal and State bureaucracy in order to get your company to settle in their state.
This is a great way to get “free” advice regarding the requirements for business set-up and an honest overview of costs and time required to get your business up and running.
They will also assist in the search for Mexican partners or investors if required.
More links to help you with your Mexican business adventure.
- Official Mexican government link offering statistics and “how to” advice regarding business investment in Mexico.
- U.S. Commercial Service Mexico: How to do business in Mexico
- The U.S. Commercial Service in Mexico offers market research, consulting, trade events, and matchmaking services to help U.S. companies do business in Mexico, export goods and services to Mexico, and find Mexican business partners and distributors.
- Doing Business in Mexico
- Good overview regarding legal structure for doing business in Mexico
- Competitiveness World Bank
- Analysis by the World Bank on Mexico’s competitiveness against other countries.
- CIA – The World Factbook — Mexico
- Good overview of Mexico, politics, geography, strengths and weaknesses.
Reference: How to do business in Mexico: Lee Iwan