What to pack, what to wear?
- What type of clothing will you need? Formal or semi-formal, business casual, outdoors or work clothing, travel clothing, for sleeping?
- What type of shoes will you absolutely need for work and travel?
- Count on using hotel laundry for trips that last more than 1 week. This is not a fashion show, it's business.
- Use synthetic and synthetic/natural fabrics that don't wrinkle easily.
- You should be able to mix and match your clothes, bring basic colors and not too many patterns.
- Before packing, lay out your complete outfit for each day of your trip, where can you eliminate items?
- Always bring one extra shirt/blouse and a light jacket or sweater, preferably in your carry-on bag..
- Spend the money on a great carry-on or suit bag, trust me, it’s worth every penny.
- Medicines. Bring a supply of your daily medications, and 4 or 5 extra doses (in case of flight cancellations, extended trips, etc.). This should be in your carry-on luggage.
- Personal grooming items. Buy small travel sized items. Use ziplock bags for liquids. Keep these in your carry-on bag.