International Business Development
Sales & Management Executive
Accomplished bilingual and bi-cultural executive with broad based domestic and international experience in business discovery and development; sales, marketing and operations for start-ups, growth and mature organizations.
Results oriented, proven success in new market identification, strategic thinking, negotiations and pragmatic problem solving. Track record of “hands on” leadership increasing communication, sales, efficiency and profitability.
Thrive in dynamic and fluid environments requiring enthusiasm, creativity, communication skills and organization.
Core competencies include:
Relationships and Communication
Cross Culture Liaison
Innovation and Change Management
QUIMICA CENTRAL DE MEXICO S.A. de C.V. Leon, Gto., México July 1998 – Present
Business Manager, Strategic Business Discovery & Development May 2005 – Present
Serve as independent executive working directly with CEO and Board of Directors. Fully responsible for the visualization, research, creation, communication, follow-through, analysis, planning and implementation of new business development and corporate strategic diversification projects.
- Project Leader, pharmaceutical joint venture (Swiss-México), manufacturing and commercial operations .
- Spearheading strategic alliance negotiations to increase long-term market share and global positioning.
- Ongoing negotiations with India and China for product representations, agencies and toll manufacturing.
Business Manager, International Business March 2000 – May 2005
Served as Business Manager, responsible for global sales and marketing, distribution and logistics, and all corporate international negotiations with clients and suppliers.
Directed export sales and market development, international supplier strategic alliances; leadership of export sales distribution and agency networks; cross-functional team participation; business intelligence; sales and marketing strategy and leadership for the Asia Pacific and Latin American regions; sales implementation and market development; logistics and supply chain management, cross cultural communications, “globalization” of company culture and corporate special projects.
- Created and implemented commercial entrance for Asia-Pacific market, first 3 years revenue $ 5 M (US), projected annual sales growth of 200%.
- Initiated and maintained strategic alliances with international suppliers, raw material cost savings of $ 2 M (US) fortified long term strategic positioning.
- Negotiated exclusive agency representations in Mexico for South African and US specialty chemical manufacturers.
- Increased company global competitiveness utilizing the export department to drive corporate cultural changes in strategic planning, production, time to market, supply chain and logistics, sales, marketing and administration.
Export Manager July 1998 – March 2000
Served as Export Manager, responsible for sales, distribution and marketing strategy and management for 20 countries including Latin America, US, Europe and Taiwan.
- Created new commission and base price structure for agents and distributors resulting in increased loyalty and increased revenue of 8%.
- Re-engineered department systems to increase revenue and customer loyalty through increased efficiency in communications, administrative processes and product shipping.
- Managed international sales force in Latin America and Asia Pacific regions (18 distributors / agents).
NUVIDA S.A. de C.V., León, Guanajuato, México January 1993 – July 1998
Served as President for start-up specialty service business, corporate and government clients.
- Alliance between private industry, State and Local government to create and maintain 100-acre interactive ecological area – Parque Explora.
- Managed workforce of 45.
- First workforce in the State to receive State Certification (training and operations procedures).
FLOWERS FLOWERS INC., Evanston, IL, USA March 1986 – August 1993 Owner–President-Entrepreneur
Served as President for start-up innovative luxury consumer goods and service business.
Responsibilities included: strategy and planning, management, sales and marketing, purchasing and operations.
Bachelor of Science Agricultural Economics * University of Illinois – Urbana, IL 1980
Board Member, State Chemical Industry Export Committee, COFOCE, February 2007 – Present
Weblog: Business South of the Border August 2006 – Present
Weblog: Lee Iwan Accumulated Experience April 2006- Present
Business Development Mission, Chennai, India, February 2007
Chromium Industry Conference, Cape Town, South Africa, February 2006
Commercial Mission, New Delhi, Mumbai India, November 2005
Course: Finance for Non-Financial Managers, 2005
Business Development Mission: Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2004
Board Member, State Leather Industry Consulting Committee, COFOCE, 2000 – Present
ANPIC, Mexican Leather Industry Fair, Leon, Gto., Mexico, 1999 – Present
ISO 9001:2000, Certification Process, 2003 – 2006
Business Development Mission: Geneva, Switzerland & Moscow, Russia, 2004
Business Development Mission: Istanbul, Turkey, 2003
All China Leather Exhibition (ACLE), Shanghai, China 2002 – 2005
Guangzhou Leather Fair, Guangzhou, China, 2002 – 2005
Business Development: Geneva, Switzerland, 2002
Commercial Mission: Mexico – Central America, 2000 – 2002
Asia Pacific Leather Fair, Hong Kong, 1999 – 2005
Linneapelle, Bologna, Italy, 1999 – 2005
Commercial Mission: Mexico – China, 2000 – 2001
Business Development: Amsterdam, Holland, 2000
Business Development: Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, 2000
Miami Leather Fair, Miami, FL, USA 1999 –2001
Business Development: Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, 1999
FENAC, Leather Fair, Novo Hamburgo, Brazil, 1999
Course: Mexican International Commerce Legislation, 2001 – 2004
Diploma: Modifications in the Mexican Customs Legislation, 2003
Diploma: International Commerce – Logistics, 2001
Diploma: International Commerce, 2000
Course: The Strategic Salesperson, 1999
Periodico AM, Newspaper Columnist. 1994 – 1996
Society of American Florists, Editorial Board, 1990 – 1992
Chicago-Dempster Merchants Association, Vice President, 1988 – 1990